Monday, September 30, 2013

C4K Assignment for September


C4K Summary # 1
I did my C4K assignment this month on a girl named Tisha. Tisha's blog post was titled "Piercings: A Way You Can Express Yourself." She talked about the piercings that she has and how they allow her to be able to express herself. I encouraged her to keep expressing her feelings in any way that she sees fit. I also told her to never let anyone try to tell her how she should express what she feels.

C4K Summary # 2
The student I had from Mrs. Huebner's 5th grade class in Iowa was Jack S. His blog post titles "Face Planting" was about the funniest thing that had ever happened to him. He talked about when he stayed at a friend's house and went go cart racing. He hit a ramp and went flying and almost landed face first into the steering wheel. He and his friend both laughed it off. I responded to him by telling him about a time in my life when I was driving a golf cart and tipped it over into a mud puddle.

C4K Summary # 3
This C4K assignment was on a boy named Jalen. His blog post was titled "The Ugly Duckling" and he did a Google Presentation on this topic. His presentation let me know where this story originated and who created it. I commented and told him how informative and colorful his presentation was. I also let him know that this brought me back to my childhood and I really want to go read the book now!

C4K Summary # 4
This week I read a blog from Garrett in Mr. Rhodes' 6th grade class in Robertsdale, Alabama. His blog post was titled "How much does the sky weigh?" He made the point that air pressure actually causes the sky to have a weight. I told him how interesting his blog was and that he did a really good job. I just want to make sure that I continue to let these students know how good they are doing so that they will feel good about themselves.
Blog Post by: Malary Booker

1 comment:

  1. I love the cute photo you added it your post, very appropriate! Also I like that your summaries are short and sweet. They also get to the point. The only thing I can think of that I would do differently is maybe a short summary on what you thought of the selection of blogs you were assigned. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete