Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Podcasting


Langwitches Blog

Langwitches post titled " Podcasting with First Grade" really helped me to understand what Podcasts for elementary school students are all about. I really like her idea to read a book out loud and let the kids pretend they are interviewing the main characters in a book. The kids really enjoyed it and were a lot more involved with the book because they got to listen to their interviews when Langwitch put them into scripts. I will definitely be using this in my future classroom. It teaches kids skills such as listening, speaking, storytelling, etc.

Joe Dale's Video Clip
" The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom" showed me how technologically advanced children are in today's society. Mr. Dale's idea for students to create their own script and play it back was definitely my favorite. I also liked how when a kid is sick then the teacher can upload podcasts of the lectures for the week and the kid can listen to them anytime they need to. I really want to do my lectures like this when I teach second grade. I will be sure to include the parents in this as well so that they will be aware of what their kids are learning in class.

The Judy Scharf Podcast Collection
This collection actually shows me how to do my own podcasts for my future classroom. Judy gives the definition of a podcast, tips to succeed, and even a time schedule to follow. Out of all of the information I have looked up, this particular podcast collection by Judy Scharf is by far my favorite. This is definitely something I will be coming back to all of the time as a teacher. Here's the link to this collection: The Judy Scharf Podcast Collection
Blog Post by: Malary Booker

2 comments:

  1. Malary,
    Great post! First of all, I also want to teach the second grade :) AN i also think that having your lectures available online for a sick child or any parent is a great idea; I have actually mentioned that in another class a few weeks back. I like that you are learning things through these assignments and will later use them in your future classroom(which I'm sure will be fantastic!)I really enjoyed your post Malary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. " I really want to do my lectures like this when I teach second grade." You are going to lecture in the 2nd grade? Oh my.

    Interesting. Why lecture second graders? That is a mystery to me!

    ReplyDelete