Monday, October 28, 2013

October's C4K Assignment

C4K # 1

The kid I had was Elisa from Mr. Gwaltney's class at an online high school for girls. Her blog post was titled "The First "C"." Her online school uses three C's that build the philosophy of educating young women. The three C's are: Communication, Collaboration, and Creativity. The "C" that Elisa focused on in this blog post was Communication. She talked about how much she enjoyed blogging and the advantages and disadvantages it has. Then she gave some recommendations to teachers who would like to start a class blog. I commented and told her that blogging has opened up a whole new internet world for me and I like it. I also let her know how good her recommendations were for me as a future teacher.

C4K # 2

The kid I had this week was Mari from Mrs. Hartoon's Science class. Mari's blog post title was "Pop! (Minus the snap 'n crackle plus a scream)" She talked about one of her favorite days in Science class when they had popcorn and her and one of her friends got embarrassed because an unexpected popcorn kernel popped and they screamed. I commented on her post and told her that everyone has embarrassing moments. I also told her I wished my Science teacher would let us have popcorn, but that is probably not going to happen since I am a college student!

C4K # 3

The kid I had this week was Dhillon from Mr. So's 2nd grade class in Canada. His blog post was titled "Family Tree Story." He created a paragraph telling his family tree. Dhillon listed all of the relatives he knows right now including his grandparents. I told him that I was impressed with how much he knew about his family and that I really enjoyed all of his information.

C4K # 4
This week I had a girl named Giselle from Mrs. Geldes's class in Nebraska. Her blog post was titled "Jackal Lanterns." She told the story of how Jack O Lanterns got their name. She said when you put them outside your door they are supposed to keep bad spirits away. She asked what kind of pumpkins her readers had carved and told of some that she had carved. I commented and told her that I did not know the story of how Jack O Lanterns got their name until reading her blog post. I also told her about what some of the pumpkins I have carved looked like!

No comments:

Post a Comment